Friday, August 22, 2014

Eggless Whole Wheat Apple Cake

Eggless Whole Wheat Apple Cake

My little champ turned 16 months today, to celebrate his monthly milestone I have been baking a cake since he turned 8 months.
This time i wanted to make something simple and healthy for him. After exploring options like banana choc chip and carrot cake I thought of doing this cake.
This is an eggless cake made with fresh and home made apple sauce, with very little oil instead of butter. And I used whole wheat flour only no APF. To my surprise this cake came perfect in terms of sponge, softness and texture. This was my best eggless bake till date. 
I was super happy mommy when my champ took the first bite and loved the cake, all my efforts were super successful...:) <3

And, I am taking my healthy cake to Angie's a Fiesta Friday #30, co hosted by Margherita, thanks to you and Happy FF..:)

Here is the process and ingredients required for preparing this cake.

I opted to skip any chopped nuts, raisins even chopped fresh apples as my kiddo spit them  :D

Ingredients
- 1 apple (washed, pealed and grated)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Whole Wheat flour 
- 1/4 cup oil ( I used sunflower oil)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 7 inch greased and flour dusted baking pan

Process
1. In a non stick pan, on low flame add apple ( grated ) and sugar. And cook til all the sugar melt and a nice thick sauce consistency mixture is formed. Once done, let it cool.
2. In a separate bowl sieve together flour, baking powder,baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sieve at least 3 times, as this is an eggless preparation this will aerate the flour.
3. In a separate bowl add oil and apple sauce and whisk them well till a homogeneous mixture is formed.
4. Once done, add Half flour is and milk alternatively to oil and apple mix.
5. Repeat till all the flour is incorporated. 
6. Ensure the batter is neither too thick nor too runny. 
7. At this stage you can add chopped nuts, fresh apple or raisins if you wish.
8. Pour the batter in a greased and flour dusted baking pan and give it a nice tap 2-3 times.
9. Bake the cake in a pre ghettoes oven at 180 degrees C for 35+ minutes.
10. Once done let it cool a little, then loosen the edges and take it out from Baking pan.







Your healthy and yummy apple cake is ready to enjoy ..:)


No comments:

Post a Comment